The Yaesu ATAS-120A mobile antenna system,Designed for use with Yaesu transceivers equipped with the ATAS system ( Active Tuning Antenna System).
These Yaesu transceivers are the FT-897, FT-847 and the FT-100/D. The ATAS-120 utilises a motorised tuning system which resonates the radiating element for the lowest SWR using control voltages sent to there ATAS-120 via the coaxial cable connected to your rig.
The ATAS-120 is designed to mount directly onto a standard SO-239 mobile antenna mount (not supplied). Magnetic mounts are not generally suitable for this antenna. For operation on 144 and 430MHz bands a diplexer for the FT-897 and the FT-100/D or triplexes for the FT-847 maybe purchased. The optional ATBK-100 VHF/UHF antenna base kit is also available
* Frequency range: 7/14/21/28/50/144/430MHz
* Max input power: 120W (A3J)
* Input impedance: 50 Ohms
* Matched SWR: < 2.0:1 (with proper counterpoise)
* PL-259 plug for SO-239 base
* Solid 'trombone' sliding sections
* 20% faster than ATAS-100
* Size 1.4-1.6m
* Weight 900g * For use with FT-897, FT-847, FT-100/D