The ACOM 1006 6m Linear Amplifier is an improvement on the world's best value in amateur HF amplifier, the ACOM 1000. The ACOM 1006 gives you a comfortable 1000 watts output on 6 metres amateur bandwidth.
Easy to operate
The plate-load True Resistance Indicator (TRI) is a powerful tuning aid which, together with the automatically controlled input attenuator, helps the operator to quickly and precisely match antennas (5-10 seconds typically). The auto-operate function (when enabled) maintains the amplifier in OPERATE mode for you, thus saving manual operations and time.
No antenna tuners
The amplifier will perform the functions of an antenna tuner for VSWR up to 3:1, thus enabling you to change antennas faster and use them over a wider frequency range, saving tuning time.
An amplifier that is both user-friendly and that looks after itself. It is designed to safely withstand up to 500W reflected power, up to 100 milliseconds duration of drive spikes, drive RF "tails" after a PTT or KEY release, operator's inadvertent tuning errors etc. It would also not cease to function with a "soft" AC line and would deliver more than half power at only 75% of nominal mains voltage. Withstands up to 10 milliseconds (down to zero) voltage drops, and up to +15% line voltage spikes - important particularly when used at field days, Dxpeditions, etc.
LCD comment display
Text messages,12 parameters, and strip peak-reading PEP meter displayed on a dot-matrix, back-lighted LCD. LED indicators are provided for OPERATE, attenuator-on, and ON/OFF conditions.
Signatures of the amplifier internal status are stored in a nonvolatile memory for 7 most recent auto protection trips. This information is used for diagnostics.
Virtually silent QSK
The input bypassing and the vacuum antenna relays are very quiet even in CW mode due to their special mounting.
Broadband input matching
Resulting in very good load to the transceiver over the entire spectrum 1.8-54MHz.
Single 4CX800A (GU74B)
A Svetlana high performance ceramic-metal tetrode with plate dissipation of 800W is employed (forced air cooling, grid-driven).
Permanent monitoring and protection of plate and grid voltages and currents, as well as of the exhaust temperature.
Frequency Coverage: 50-54MHz; extensions and/or changes on request.
• Power Output: 1000W PEP or continuous carrier; no mode limit.
• Intermodulation Distortion: Better than 35dB below rated output.
• Hum and noise: Better than 40dB below rated output.
• Harmonic Output Suppression: better than 70dB below rated output;
• Input and Output Impedances:
- nominal value: 50 Ohm unbalanced, UHF (SO239) type connectors;
- bypass path VSWR less than 1.1:1, 50-54MHz
- output matching capability: better than VSWR 3:1 or greater at reduced output levels.
• RF Gain: 12.5dB typically, frequency response less than 1dB (50 to 60W drive power for rated output).
• Primary Power: 85-132V and 170-264V (100, 110, 120, 200, 210, 220, 230 & 240V nominal taps, +10%-15%tol.), 50-60Hz, single phase, 2000VA consumption at rated output.
• Complies with CE safety and EMC requirements, as well as FCC-regulations.
• Size & Weight:
- operating: WxDxH: 422x355x182 mm, 21 kg (16.6x14x7.2 inches, 46.5 lbs)
- shipping: WxDxH: 590x430x305 mm, 24 kg (23.2x17x12 inches, 53 lbs)
• Operating environments:
- temperature range: 0...+50 degs.Celsius;
- humidity: up to 75% @ +35 degs.Celsius.
- height: up to 3000m above sea level without output deterioration.