The ACOM 1500 HF & 6m Linear Amplifier, Easy to operate The TRI is a powerful tuning aid that, together with the automatically controlled input attenuator, helps the operator to quickly and precisely match the antenna impedance to the optimum tube load impedance (5-10 seconds typically). The auto-operate function (when enabled) maintains the amplifier in the OPERATE mode for you, thus avoiding unnecessary manual operations.
No antenna tuners No heavy outboard antenna tuners are required for antenna VSWRs up to about 3:1. Your amplifier will enable you to change antennas virtually instantaneously and allow you to use your antennas over wider frequency ranges.
User-friendly An amplifier that is both user-friendly and that looks after itself. It is designed to safely withstand up to 300W reflected power, up to 100 milliseconds duration of drive spikes, drive RF “tails” after a PTT or KEY release, operator’s inadvertent tuning errors, etc. The amplifier also will not cease to function with “soft” AC mains and will deliver more than half power at only 85% of the nominal mains voltage. It can withstand voltage drops (down to zero Volts) for up to 10 milliseconds. It can tolerate 15% mains voltage spikes, which is especially important on Field Day, during DXpeditions, and at portable operating events where emergency power is relied upon.
VFD comment displays All amplifier status indications are explained via detailed text on the dot matrix, high brightness vacuum fluorescent display (VFD). The upper line on the VFD always reads peak forward power. LED indicators are provided for: OPERATE mode, attenuation-on, transmit, selected antenna output, and ON/OFF conditions.
Three antenna outputs are selectable using a push-button on the front panel.
Accessible maintenance Data regarding amplifier internal status is stored in a nonvolatile memory for 7 of the most recent auto protection trips. This information can be forwarded to your dealer for diagnostics.
Virtually silent QSK The input bypassing and vacuum antenna relays are virtually silent even in the CW QSK mode thanks to specially designed mounting hardware.
Broadband input matching Resulting in a very good load to the transceiver over the entire spectrum 1.8-54MHz.
Single 4CX1000A tube Uses a ceramic and metal radial beam tetrode with plate dissipation of 1000 W which is specially designed for class AB1 RF linear amplifier operation.
Tube protection Permanent monitoring and protection of plate and grid voltages and currents, as well as of the exhaust air temperature.
• Frequency Coverage: All amateur bands 1.8-54MHz; extensions and/or changes on request.
• Power Output: 1500W PEP or 1200W continuous carrier, no mode limit.
• Intermodulation Distortion: Better than 35dB below rated output.
• Hum and noise: Better than 40dB below rated output.
• Harmonic Output Suppression: -1.8-21.5MHz - better than 50dB below rated output; - 24-54MHz - better than 66dB below rated output.
• Input and Output Impedances: - nominal value: 50 Ohm unbalanced, UHF (SO239) type connectors; - input circuit: broadband, VSWR less than 1.3:1, 1.8-54MHz continuously (no tunings, no switching); - bypass path VSWR less than 1.1:1, 1.8-54MHz continuously; - output matching capability: better than VSWR 3:1 or greater at reduced output levels.
• RF Gain: 13dB typically, frequency response less than 1dB (60-85W drive power for rated output).
• Primary Power: 85-132V and 170-264V (100, 110, 120, 200, 210, 220, 230 & 240V nominal taps, +10%-15%tol.), 50-60Hz, single phase, 3500VA consumption at rated output.
• Complies with CE safety and EMC requirements, as well as FCC regulations.
• Size & Weight : operating: WxDxH: 422x355x195mm, 26.5kg. (16.6x14x7.7 inches, 58.4lbs) shipping: WxDxH: 560x560x300mm, 29.5kg. (22x22x12 inches, 65lbs)
• Operating environments: -temperature range: 0...+50 degrees.Celsius; -humidity: up to 95% @ +35 degrees.Celsius; -height: up to 3000m above sea level without output deterioration.