The ACOM3x2000A is a HF power splitter / combiner which is a passive device designed to sum the outputs of three HF linear amplifiers into a common load while the amplifiers are driven by a single exciter. There is no difference from the operation of a three times more powerful single amplifier.
For proper operation, the combiner requires three amplifier outputs having equal amplitudes and phases, i.e. three coherent signals. This is achieved by the use of three identical amplifiers in the three channels. For best results we recommend three automatic amplifiers of the type ACOM2000A. Manual tune amplifiers with a precise tuning indicator like ACOM1200, ACOM1000, ACOM1010 or ACOM1011 can be used too. All these models use a broadband input network which sets minimum phase differences between the units.
An automatic protection circuit is implemented in the ACOM3x2000A, which monitors the three amplifier outputs during operation. In case of an imbalance, the protection trips thus cutting the drive to the amplifiers and switching the transceiver output to an internal 50 Ohm dummy load. The imbalance power, both input and output, is swamped by powerful resistors until the protection trips. Therefore the transceiver and the three amplifiers are well protected. After fixing the trouble you can resume operation by pressing the button RESET.
a) Frequency Coverage: 1.8-30 MHz continuous
b) Power Output: 5000W PEP or continuous carrier into a matched load (VSWR below 1.3:1). Reduce the
output at increased VSWR, linearly down to 2500W at VSWR up to 2:1.
c) Input and Output Impedances:
- nominal value: 50 Ohm unbalanced, UHF (SO239) type connectors;
- input circuit: broadband;
- input VSWR with 50 Ohm loads at the three splitter outputs: less than 1.3:1, 1.8-30MHz continuously (no
tunings, no switching);
maximum output mismatch: up to 2:1 at reduced output - see (b) above.
d) Primary Power: 100-240V via a 12V wall wart adapter (supplied).
e) Size & Weight (operating): W210mm x D325mm x H195mm, 6.4 kg.
f) Operating environments:
- temperature range: 0...+50 degs.Celsius;
- humidity: up to 95% @ +35 degs.Celsius.
Pre Order Today. Amplifiers Or Racks NOT Included!
Our Price Match Promise means that if you find any of our Equipment at a lower advertised price elsewhere, we will match the price for you, subject to the below.
- The product is identical to ours in brand, colour, size and model number.
- The price must be the advertised price clearly on the competitor's online site.
- The item must be in stock and available for immediate purchase (rather than available to order), with the authorised stockist able to complete delivery within 2-3 days.
Please fill out the form below. The details will be used to help us with your price promise request.