FEATURES, FUNCTIONS AND SPECIFICATIONS:
◾ 215 cm (7 Feet)
◾ 5/8 Wave Antenna.
◾ Top Loaded Antenna.
◾ Works with All CB Radios.
◾ Covers all AM, FM and SSB Citizen Band Radio Frequencies.
◾ Average tuned SWR: 1.5 to 1.
◾ For Single or Dual Installations.
◾ Use with 550 cm (18 Feet) or Fire-Flex Coax.
◾ 3/8 Inch x 24 Heavy Duty Threaded Base.
◾ Fits all Firestik Mounts and Accessories.
◾ Cover reduces Static Noise up to 50%.
Firestik KW series is the original Firestik that dates back to 1975, before the tunable tip was invented.
Most people in the CB business believed that this antenna would be made obsolete by the easy to tune tunable tip models.
However, the popularity of the original never went away. Many decades later the sales of Firestik KW-series versus FS-series is still 50/50.
TUNING OF TRIM-TO-TUNE MODELS:
1) Remove cap.
2) With blade/knife make vertical slits into tubing at top of stick (about 1-1,5 cm long).
3) Peel back tubing to expose wire coil.
4) Trim from end of wire, then push wire back into place.
5) Replace cap.
6) Measure again the SWR.
7) Repeat process as needed until antenna is in tune and has good SWR reading.
FACTORY ADVICE NR 1:
These are ground-plane dependent antennas. They require a metallic counterpoise to perform properly. They are not suited for use on non-metallic (composite) verhicles or those with insufficient metal. They can be used to build a base station antenna if a ground-plane is provided. When used with a transmitter (versus a receiver) these antennas should be tested and tuned asross the radios operating frequency. Using an untested, untuned antenna for transmitting can damage the transmitters circuitry.
FACTORY ADVICE NR 2:
Ground-plane dependent antennas require mounting brackets and antenna stud mounts that are grounded to a chassis ground point. Powder coating, paint and or anodized surfaces are insulating coatings and must be removed down to the metal surface where ever a grounding point is required.
1 Pc of Antenna.
1 Pc of Red Plastic Tip.
Our Price Match Promise means that if you find any of our Equipment at a lower advertised price elsewhere, we will match the price for you, subject to the below.
- The product is identical to ours in brand, colour, size and model number.
- The price must be the advertised price clearly on the competitor's online site.
- The item must be in stock and available for immediate purchase (rather than available to order), with the authorised stockist able to complete delivery within 2-3 days.
Please fill out the form below. The details will be used to help us with your price promise request.