The RF Explorer Power Limiter is a custom device designed from scratch to be the perfect protection against strong RF fields.
As you can see on this note all RF Explorer models have some power ranges for input signal beyond which can be damaged. For most models, the limit is on +5dBm, some others are ok up to +10dBm but only WSUB3G (as well as the RF SMA connector on the right side in a 3G Combo) is protected up to +30dBm.
The new RF Explorer Power Limiter will allow any RF Explorer model to be protected with external signals up to +30dBm (1 Watt), so you get the same level of protection as in the WSUB3G. Furthermore, the power limiter includes additional functionality inside that will otherwise require external devices increasing cost and size:
- Power limiter: protection up to +30dBm, for any frequency range between DC-3000Mhz
- DC block: You can connect any external DC source up to 16V with no risk of damaging your RF Explorer or interfering in your measurement.
- Attenuator: Includes an internal 6dB attenuator to help you extend the range of power signal measurements. 6dB attenuation means only ¼ of the input power is received by the unit. To compensate for this extra attenuation you should indicate OffsetDB:+006 in the ATTENUATOR MENU of your RF Explorer.
The Power Limiter is assembled in a rugged aluminum case and it is very compact when compared to other market offerings, not to mention it includes internal DC block and attenuator which makes it a really small device for what it offers. It is a recommended add-on to all users who may expose their unit to strong external fields.
- Robust, small and low weight custom aluminum case
- 3-in-1 device with Power Limiter, DC Block and Attenuator
- Easy to connect and disconnect when required
- Wide broadband frequency application
- Directional 1 Watt rating
- Suitable for all RF Explorer models, not required for WSUB3G.
- Frequency range: DC ~ 3.0 GHz
- DC block: +16V DC
- Input Power rating: 1 Watt (+30dBm)
- Output power max: +4 dBm.
- Attenuation: 6 dB
- Impedance (Nominal): 50Ω
- V.S.W.R (Max): 1.25 : 1
- Connector type: SMA male – female
- Connector: Brass / Gold plating
- Body: Aluminum
If you encounter any problems when using this product, please contact rfexplorer(at)arocholl.com for the technical support.
Our Price Match Promise means that if you find any of our Equipment at a lower advertised price elsewhere, we will match the price for you, subject to the below.
- The product is identical to ours in brand, colour, size and model number.
- The price must be the advertised price clearly on the competitor's online site.
- The item must be in stock and available for immediate purchase (rather than available to order), with the authorised stockist able to complete delivery within 2-3 days.
Please fill out the form below. The details will be used to help us with your price promise request.