Resident Evil™: Operation Raccoon City delivers a true third-person team-based shooter experience set within the dark and sinister Resident Evil™ universe. Not only does this setting provide a rich backdrop to the action but also delivers a unique and thrilling triple-threat battle. Zombies and Bio-Organic Weapons (B.O.W.s) add to the mix as players compete against their team’s opposing squad and also tackle this third, unpredictable element that could only exist in the twisted Resident Evil universe. The result is a brand new style of gameplay that breaks the conventions of traditional third-person shooters.
It is September 1998 and the action centres on the ill-fated Raccoon City and the horrific consequences of the deadly T-virus outbreak. With a cover up required, Umbrella orders an elite team into Raccoon City to destroy all evidence of its involvement. Meanwhile the US Government has quarantined the city and dispatched its own team of elite soldiers to determine the source of the mysterious outbreak. Caught up in the action are rookie police officer Leon S. Kennedy and Claire Redfield.
Players take on the role of an Umbrella Security Soldier (U.S.S.) and battle against all the competing forces at play in Raccoon City. Choose from six characters, each one equipped with a unique skill set, including the female field scientist Four-Eyes who can manipulate the T-virus and take control of the B.O.W.s raiding the streets of Raccoon City or the weapons expert and U.S.S. team captain Lupo.
- Team based shooter set in the dark and sinister Resident Evil universe.
- Triple threat battle as zombies and B.O.W.s add to the action.
- Compete with up to three friends as an Umbrella Security Service squad memberin campaign mode.
- Choose from six U.S.S. characters, each with their own unique skill set and roles.
- Return of favourite Resident Evil enemies, iconic landmarks and characters, such as Leon S. Kennedy.
- Rewrite the history of the Raccoon City outbreak. Relive the iconic crash scene from Resident Evil™ 2 as Leon S. Kennedy desperately tries to escape from the
clutches of the Umbrella Security Services.
- Risk infection from the hordes of zombies making their way through the city.
- Competitive online multiplayer modes provide a unique gaming experience thanks to the three corner combat between the Umbrella Security Service, US Special Ops
and threat of zombies and B.O.W.s.