Software defined receiver. It offers the ultimate versatility for scientific research, radio astronomy, shortwave listening and amateur radio. The SDR-IP uses a high performance 80 MHz, 16 bit ADC with both dithering and randomization for best performance. The output I/Q bandwidth is configurable via software. PC communications are handled over a 100 base-T port using 24 or 16 bit I/Q words.
The SDR-IP is a complete plug and play solution. As opposed to other SDRs in the market, there is no need for additional preamplifiers, preselectors or code development. The unit ships with a copy of Moetronix SpectraVue software that will have you up and running in minutes. This software includes analog mode demodulation and I/Q capture of spectrum at a 2MS/s sample rate. For those interested in writing their own applications, RFSPACE supplies a fully documented API for communicating with the hardware. There is no need to calculate the downconverter DSP parameters. The SDR-IP just needs the center frequency, attenuator and preselector filter settings, output sample rate and mode to begin streaming data. Other solutions require complicated USB interfacing that is platform specific. The SDR-IP utilizes straight TCP/IP and ethernet for all communications. This offers the highest possible performance due to the highly optimized ethernet drivers on PC, Mac and Linux systems.
The SDR-IP packets are fully routable. This means that the receiver can be placed at remote locations. Multiple receivers can also be combined and it’s data transported over a higher data rate ethernet pipe using simple switches. In this application, each SDR-IP can be set to a different IP address or port. Multiple receivers using this architecture offer the greatest performance and versatility.
* Frequency Range: 0.01 - 34 MHz *
* Digital Down Converter: Xilinx FPGA
* PC Interface: Ethernet 100 base-T (UDP/TCP/IP)
* Filters: 120+ dB 90% Alias Free BW
* Decimation Rate: Variable 40-2560 (in 10 increment)
* Output Sample Rate: 32 KHz to 2.0 MHz @ 24b IQ
* DDC Flatness: <0.1 dB
* Dynamic Range: 105+ dB
* MDS Preamp Off (500Hz): -129dBm 1.8 - 30 MHz
* MDS Preamp On (500Hz): -130dBm 1.8 - 30 MHz Analog to Digital Converter: 16bit w/ Dither
* Digital to Analog Converter: 14bit @ 200 MHz
* Preselection: 10 Filters
* Attenuators: 0, -10dB, -20dB, -30dB
* Sample Rate: 80.000 MHz
* Memory: 65536 x 16 bit samples (256K x 16 option)
* External Radio Control: Built-in RS-232 port
* Dimensions: 210 x 70 x 180 mm
* Display: 16 x 2 Character LED LCD
* Power: 5 Volts DC @ 1.5 Amp **
* Connections: 4 x BNC (RF In, Ext Ref, Trigger, IF Out) , RS-232, Pulse Out, Ethernet, Power.
* Ethernet Bandwidth Requirements:
* 2.00 MHz Output Sample Rate = 64Mb/s *16bit IQ
* 1.33 MHz Output Sample Rate = 64Mb/s
* 0.50 MHz Output Sample Rate = 24Mb/s
* 0.10 MHz Output Sample Rate = 4.8Mb/s
* Expansion: Internal Downconverter, Internal 10 MHz Phase/Frequency Lock.