Second Hand Yaesu FT-847 Multi-Band Transceiver, At the cutting edge of ham radio design, this is the first transceiver to cover the complete spectrum from 1.8 to 440MHz including 70MHz. Replacing noisy PLL circuits the FT-847 utilises a generation ultra-low-noise DDS (Direct Digital Synthesizer) in its local design. Innovative transmitter design concepts represent a major breakthrough in the ham radio field and provides consistent, reliable power output with low SSB intermodulation characteristics in the ultra-compact transceiver. The FT-847?s receiver front end is the result of hundreds of hours testing, evaluating and re-design and ensures a consistent performance across the bands whether it be on VLF or UHF.
Shuttle-JogTM Tuning - First introduced on the FT-1000MP and FT-920, the Shuttle-JogTM tuning ring provides rapid frequency change by its unique spring-loaded design.
Separate Sub-VFO tuning - There are a number of ways that the Sub-VFO tuning knob may be used. For transceiver operation when using the main VFO, this may act as a Clarifier control. During HF split it may be used to adjust your receive VFO?s frequency. During satellite operation it lets you correct your uplink frequency for Doppler Shift.
Built-in RF clipping-type speech processor - Talk power is enhanced by the built-in RF clipping-type speech processor, which increases average SSB output by approximately 6dB. The transmitted IF pass band frequency may be adjusted to match or enhance the frequency characteristics of your voice pattern. Independent USB and LSB alignment menus are provided.
CW operational provisions - The FT-847 provides a wealth of tools for outstanding CW performance. For EME and other very weak signal work, the DSP bandwidth may be made as narrow as 25Hz, with minimum bandwidths of 100Hz, 200Hz or 400Hz also available. An iambic electronic keyer with adjustable weighting is provided along with semi break-in control.
DSP band pass filter - Yaesu's renowned DSP circuitry is led by the ultra-sharp band pass Filter feature, which utilises the combined effects of the independently-adjustable audio HPF and the LPF elements to provide very steep skirt selectivity and reduction in noise.
DSP Noise Reduction Circuit - Built on the success of the FT-1000MP and FT-920 DSP Noise Reduction systems, the best DSP noise reduction has been provided for the FT-847.
Separate Antenna connectors - Four separate antenna connections are provided for HF, 50MHz, 144MHz and 430MHz which also facilitates full duplex operation.
cross band Full Duplex operation - Effortless full duplex cross band satellite operation is possible too. This means that you can monitor your downlink signal from the satellite whilst you are transmitting.
* 1.8 -440MHz (160m-70cm ham Bands) Tx
* 160 - 6m 100W (25W AM) * 2m/70cm 50W ( 12.5W AM)
* USB, LSB, CW, AM, FM, FSK, AFSK * 100kHz - 30MHz
* 36 - 76MHz, 108 - 174MHz * 420 - 512MHz, Gen Coverage rx
* Crossband full duplex * 12.5 / 25kHz specs switchable
* Normal / Reverse tracking for satellites
* Dedicated satellite memories
* 8-character Alpha Numeric labels
* CTCSS/DCS Encode / Decode included
* DSP Filters for bandpass, notch & noise
* Shuttle Jog tuning dial * Built-in electronic keyer
* 1200 / 9600bps packet ready
* Rx sensitivity: HF 0.25uV 6m 0.2uV 2m/70cm 0.125uV
* Selectivity SSB/CW 2.2kHz
* Optional narrow filters available
* 1.5W audio (8 Ohms) * Supply 13.8V DC
* Consumption: Rx (squelched) 1.5A
* Rx (max audio) 2.0A * Tx 22A @ 100W RF output
* Size 260 x 86 x 270mm * Weight 7kg (approx.)
Good used condition, with 4m (C2 model) as standard and wide banded for 11m and 60m use.