Second Hand IC-R1500 COMMUNICATIONS RECEIVER
Icom is pleased to annouce the debut of the IC-R1500 communication receiver. Covering 0.01 to 3299.999MHz in AM, FM & WFM modes (0.495-1300MHz in SSB and CW modes), the ICR1500 is not only a powerful PC-controlled receiver, but when a remote control head is added it becomes a mobile or base receiver featuring a high-speed scanning capability of up to 60 channels per second.
The IC-R1500 covers 0.01-3299.999MHz* in AM, FM & WFM modes (0.495-1300MHz only in SSB and CW modes). 1Hz fine tuning resolution is available in all bands. When connected to a PC, all functions can be controlled by the click of a mouse or from keyboard input.
* Frequency range depends on version.
Remote controller head
The IC-R1500 is supplied with a remote control head for mobile or base station use. Green, amber and yellow backlit colour are selectable.
High speed scanning of up to 60 channels per second
The IC-PCR1500 has a maximum high speed scanning capability of 60 channels per second*. This scanning power provides the utmost efficiency when searching a wide frequency range. Auto memory write scan searches for a signal, and when a signal is detected, the received frequency is automatically stored into an auto memory write channel bank.
The following other scans are available:-
• Full scan
• Mode select scan
• Programmed scan
• Memory scan
• Priority scan
• Tone scan
• Bank scan
• Skip scan
• Auto memory write scan
• Program skip scan
• Program skip area scan
*Tuning step is 100kHz or less in program scan mode.
• VSC, CTCSS, DTCS tone and S-meter squelch
• The VSC (Voice squelch control) opens the squelch only when a modulated signal is detected and ignores unmodulated, beat noise signals.
• The CTCSS and DTCS tones provide quiet stand-by while waiting for a matched tone signal.
• S-meter squelch releases the AF mute, when only signals stronger than the pre-set S-meter level are received.
• Pocket beep function alerts you with a beep sound when a matched tone signal is received.
• DSP capability
With the optional DSP unit, UT-106, you can add a noise reduction function, which improves the S/N ratio. Also, the automatic notch filter automatically cuts beat interference. These DSP functions pull out desired signals from noise, and provide superior receive quality.
• Other Noise reduction functions
• IF filter selection
• IF shift function (SSB/CW mode only)
• Noise blanker (SSB/CW/AM mode only). Eliminates pulse type noise such as engine ignition noise.
• 20dB RF attenuator (approx., below 1300MHz)
• AFC function (Auto Frequency Control). Automatically
compensates for frequency drift in FM mode and keys the receiver tuned to the centre frequency of the tuned station. (BW: 6KHz or 15KHz).
• AGC function. Fast/slow setting is possible.
• DTMF tone decoder
• Duplex operation
• Recording function. Allows you to store received
audio on the PC in WAV format
• Tuned bandpass filters for VHF/UHF bands
• 1000 memory channels can be stored
• When connected to a PC, all IC-PCR1500 functions are available
Specifications described below are target values. They may be subject to change.
• Frequency coverage : 0.010–3299.999MHz*
Guaranteed range 0.495–3000.000MHz
• Mode : AM, FM, WFM, USB*, LSB*, CW* * 0.01–1300MHz only.
• Usable temperature range:
With controller 0°C to +60°C; +32°F to +140°F
Without controller –10°C to +60°C; +14°F to +140°F
• Frequency stability : Less than ±3ppm on the basis of 25°C (–10°C to +60°C)
• Tuning steps : 1Hz (minimum)
• Power supply : 12.0V DC ±15%
• Current drain (12.0V DC, IC-PCR1500):
Max. audio : 0.85A typ.
Stand-by : 0.7A typ.
• Antenna Impedance : 50Ω(BNC)
• Dimensions (WxHxD, projections are not included) :
Main unit 146x41x206 mm; 53⁄4x15⁄8x81⁄8 in
Controller 111x40x26.5 mm; 43⁄8x19⁄16x11⁄32 in
• Weight (approx:) :
Main unit 1200g; 2.6lb
Controller 200g; 7oz (including cable)
• Receiver system : Triple-conversion superheterodyne
+ Down converter
• Intermediate frequencies : 1st 266.70MHz, 2nd 10.70MHz
3rd 450kHz (Except WFM)
• Sensitivity (Less than) : SSB, CW AM FM WFM
0.495–1.799MHz 5.0μV 25μV – –
1.8–49.999MHz 0.5μV 2.5μV 0.63μV*2 –
50–699.999MHz 0.4μV 2μV 0.5μV 1.4μV
700–1300.000MHz 0.5μV 2.5μV 0.63μV 1.8μV
1300*1–2299.999MHz – – 5.6μV 18μV
2300–3000.000MHz – – 18μV 56μV
*1 1300.000001MHz *2 28–49.999MHz
SSB, CW BW=2.8kHz, AM BW=6.0kHz at 10dB S/N
FM BW=15kHz, WFM BW=230kHz at 12dB SINAD
• Selectivity :
SSB, CW, AM More than 2.8kHz/–6dB
SSB, CW, AM, FM More than 6.0kHz/–6dB
FM, AM More than 15kHz/–6dB
FM, AM, WFM More than 50kHz/–6dB
WFM More than 230kHz/–6dB
• Audio output power : More than 500mW at 10% distortion with an 8Ωload
• Ext. speaker connector : 2-conductor 3.5 (d) mm (1⁄8″)/8Ω PC REQUIREMENTS
• Microsoft® Windows® XP/2000/ME/98SE
• Intel Pentium® III 450MHz or faster (Pentium® 4 recommended)
• Hard disk with minimum 50 MB of free disk space
• Minimum 128 MB of memory (256Mb or more recommended)
• USB 1.1
• CD-ROM or DVD drive is required for software installation
• Mouse or other compatible pointing device may be required
• USB audio dropouts or gaps may occur, because of a lack of PC power.
• Additional hard disk space is required for recording sound or storing scope data.
Microsoft® and Windows® are registered trademarks of Microsoft Corporation.
Pentium® is a registered trademark of Intel Corporation.
Our Price Match Promise means that if you find any of our Equipment at a lower advertised price elsewhere, we will match the price for you, subject to the below.
- The product is identical to ours in brand, colour, size and model number.
- The price must be the advertised price clearly on the competitor's online site.
- The item must be in stock and available for immediate purchase (rather than available to order), with the authorised stockist able to complete delivery within 2-3 days.
Please fill out the form below. The details will be used to help us with your price promise request.