War of the Roses is a new IP that transports players back in time to the battle-ravaged, dynastic civil war era of 15th Century England where ownership of the throne of England was brutally fought over between supporters of two rival branches of the Royal House of Plantagenet - the house of Lancaster (the reds) and the house of York (the whites).
A team-based multiplayer melee combat experience, War of The Roses sees players and their band of knights going toe-to-toe with their opponents using authentic and visceral weapons of the time period including broad swords, long bows and battle-axes.
Built on a stunning graphics engine which vividly portrays the fighting from an up-close-and-personal third-person perspective, War of the Roses features both online multiplayer and a single-player campaign. Players will get the chance to lead their warrior through a rich progression system, gaining upgrades and unlocking new content on their path from filthy peasant to unstoppable armoured killing machine.
• Over 50 authentic weapons across 10 weapon categories. Everything from Billhooks to Bastard swords, Longbows to Lances!
• Customise your gear: choose fighting style, blade type, metal type, and much more!
• Over a 20 customisable helmets. Paint your helmet, attach crests, plumes, coifs and visors for greater fashion or function.
• Choose armour from nine different types; light, medium, and heavy. All with their own unique consequences and benefits.
• Over 30 play/style changing perks that let you create truly unique characters with special abilities like eagle eye or shield bash.
• Ground breaking Mounted Gameplay! Melee combat will never be the same, mount up and experience new tactical and visceral thrills.
• Create your own coat of arms with near limitless combinations as you choose your division, ordinary, charge, and crest.
• Experience a deep levelling system as you rise through the ranks, gaining new titles, weapons, gear, and much more!
• Battle online through 10 historically inspired war zones as you experience the conflict between Lancaster & York first hand.
• Four game modes including the all new Assault Castle game mode made specifically for the Kingmaker edition.
• Vicious 64 player competition on all game modes.