The CBA-IV Battery Analyzer 58250-1014. Scientifically Analyze Battery Performance. True constant current battery capacity test with results graphically displayed, constant power testing supported with Extended software upgrade Discharge current is software and electronically regulated using a solid-state switch and fan-cooled electronic load. Test any type of battery; coin cell to automotive or larger. Presets for NiCad, NiMH, Lead Acid, Li-Ion, Li-Poly, Alkaline, Carbon Zinc, Mercury, etc.
Solar cell profiling capability *
Lower current testing capabilities - down to 10 mA *
Perform Fast, High Power Testing.
Tests quickly at real-world load conditions, up to 150 watts or 40 amps maximum, whichever is higher
High voltage testing at up to 55 volts; the equivalent of 1 to 38 NiCad or Niamh cells,
Optional 500 watts and 1000 watt amplifiers,
Accuracy and Precision for Demanding Applications.
On-board computer performs accurate measurement with 12-bit effective resolution. Auto-ranging for 2 current ranges and three voltages
Each CBA is individually calibrated with a computerized calibration system,
Calibration certification data provided with CBA IV Pro,
Built-in Safety Features Provide Superior Battery Protection.
Fail-safe: automatic protection of temperature, current, and power *
Safety watchdog stops a discharge in the event of a computer crash. *
Discharge test current user-selectable from 0 to 40 Amps,
Automatic voltage shut off at end of the test using a software recommended or user-selected safe discharge voltage,
Automatic over-temperature shut off at end of the test using a software recommended or user-selected maximum temperature with optional external magnetic temperature sensor.
Easy-to-Use Standard Software for Data Analysis.
User-selected battery cell chemistry, number of cells, and test current,
The software recommends safe tests based on user-supplied battery information,
Automatic graph setup and scaling,
Measures and displays voltage, current, amp-hrs, watts, and temperature*
Easy overlay comparisons of multiple graphs may be displayed saved and recalled,
Save, display and print battery test graphs and battery labels,
Plug and Play high-speed USB interface, with easy to use and intuitive Windows® software supplied on CD ROM
* Requires optional temperature probe and extended software.
Extended Software Upgrade License Unlocks Features for Serious Battery Testing.
Power profile to characterize batteries, power supplies, and solar cells,
Programmable automatic duty cycle test with up to 999 seconds on/off cycle periods,
Regulated constant power discharge (current goes up as battery voltage drops)
Temperature graphing with a recovery time option,
Ragone power density charting using battery weight (used for performance comparison of energy sources charting energy density (Watt-Hours/kg) vs power density (W/kg))
Test-lead resistance voltage calibration utility to give higher accuracy voltage readings right at the battery terminals,
Enables placement of user notes on graphs,
Multiple unit testing (each requires an Extended License to access).
One model for all testing ranges *
- Maximum continuous discharge rate: 100 watts
- Maximum limited-term discharge rate with < 3500 ma-hour battery: 125 watts
- Maximum limited-term discharge rate with < 1000 ma-hour battery: 150 watts
- 0-3 amp accuracy: typically better than + - 10 ma
- 3-40 amp accuracy: typically better than + - 45 ma
- 0-5 volt accuracy: typically better than + - .005 volts
- 5-15 volt accuracy: typically better than + - .01 volts
- 10-60 volt accuracy: typically better than + - .05 volts
- Maximum operating voltage: 55 Volts (48 Volt Lead Acid Telecom supported)
- Maximum discharge rate: 40 amps (Battery dependent, 100 watts continuous)
- Minimum discharge voltage to maintain 30 amps .9Volts (Battery dependent)
- Minimum Voltage for a 40 amp discharge: 2 volts at the completion of the test (Battery dependant)
- Minimum discharge rate: 0.01 Amps *
- Residual current drain, battery connected while not in use: < .003 amps @ 12 volts
- High-performance microcontroller with built-in USB interface and 12-bit A/D conversion.
- USB powered; the CBA does not use the battery being tested to run the CBA or the fan.
- System ready and Test in progress LED indicators, viewable from across a room.
- CBA internal over-temperature sensing and protection.
- Graph printing on any standard color or B&W printer.
- Battery test label printing on standard 05160 stick-on labels.
- Dimensions: 3.5" H x 2.8" W x 3.6" D.
- Weight: 16 oz.